- Indian monsoon has been in the mixed bag this year.
- Total rainfall was 9% below average – worse than the weather office forecast.
- Monsoon was deficient in every month of the season compared to normal rainfall.
Good rainfall in Central in northern parts – main soybean producing areas.
- Reservoirs are in the better level than last year – better for RABI season.
- Govt confidently expects a bumper harvest in Kharif season.
Maharashtra is a 2nd highest soybean producing state after MP, received less rains this season.
- India’s 31% area rain deficient.
- Monsoon delayed by 12 days in 3rd week of June which is just a starts of crop planting time.
- Torrential rains damage rice fields in Punjab & Haryana.
- The North-East was exceptionally dry.